Hair Ornaments are Back in Fashion

Almost every parent probably thinks their little girl looks especially adorable when she has cute fashion accessories in her hair. When my daughter was a baby, I'd pull a tuft of hair up on top of her head (like Pebbles from the Flintstones cartoon) and put a baby barrette around it, which always evoked a chorus of "Aaah"'s, even from strangers. Anyway, my question to you today is whether you ever wear hair ornaments, or if you think they're only for young girls and teens. It would be rare to see a 45 year old woman with a ponytail sporting a ribbon-much less a bow-but there is an astounding array of jeweled hair clips and combs that are lovely when used to pull or hold back hair. Once, for a fancy event, I used a comb decorated with pearls to pull back the hair on just one side, and actually felt rather glamorous doing so. (I've also mentioned here that I made my own fancy combs and clips when I was younger, and it's a good project for girly-girls.)

A few years back, Paris Hilton was photographed wearing head bands, and, on her, they looked beautiful, and many high school girls don tiaras for prom night. Most of us probably wouldn't feel comfortable following these examples, but there are still many hair accessories that may be a nice addition to an outfit if you're in a fun and adventurous mood. Who knows? You may find others copying you...take it as a compliment.